It was said to Ibrahim b. Adham: What is wrong with us that we supplicate and we receive no answer?
- It is because you know Allaah and you do not obey Him.
- You know the Messenger and you do not follow his Sunnah.
- You know the Qur’an and you do not act according to it.
- You eat from the blessings of Allaah and you are not thankful for it.
- You know Paradise and you do not seek it.
- You know the Hellfire and you do not flee from it.
- You know Iblees and you do not fight him but rather you agree with him.
- You know death and you do not prepare for it.
- You bury the dead and you do not learn from it.
- You ignore your own faults and you are concerned with the faults of others.
Source: Tafsir al-Qurtubi 2:186